Which comes first: the wall art or the wall? When selecting wall art, we have several options, including paintings, grilles, mirrors, shelves, and so on. Of course, the choices we make regarding these items are important. Some of the most important selections involve the type of wall art, its size, the arrangement we will use, and the wall art’s color. Speaking of color, before selecting the wall art, here are some tips to help select the best paint color for the room:
1. Carry textile samples with you
Remember that the paint color should complement the colors of other items in the room. It probably is not feasible to haul your furniture to paint stores. However, make sure to bring various textile samples with you, including pieces of wallpaper, curtain, tile, etc. That will make it easier to match them up with the paint. You never know when you will spot a color that could be THE color!
2. Select trim that complements the wall color
It is generally advisable to select a white, off-white or pale color for various types of trim in the room, including:
To make an even bolder statement, use light hues for the walls, and darker hues for the trim. This combination will match up well with art wall decor.
3. Choose the color after you have decided on other decor
While painting a room is often the first step in decorating a room, never rush into doing that. Make sure to do enough planning first, to ensure that the paint will complement other items in the room, including the furniture, carpeting or throw rugs, drapes, wall art, etc. Yes, changing a wall color is easy and you have several hues from which to choose. Still, remember that the paint is only ONE piece of the big picture.
4. Choose the ideal paint finish for the walls
To reflect more light from the walls, use a finish that is shinier. On the other hand, use flat or matte finishes in order to hide flaws on the wall.
Lighthouse wall decor is absolutely for you if you love the beach then bring the beach to your home. Surely, you cannot be in the beach everyday or every weekend but you can make your house feel like you are there all the time. You just have to make your house look like a beach house or those rooms in a beach resort to make it feel nautical and coastal. How would you do this?
You can of course put up a lot of pieces that pertains to the life in the beach such as shells, seahorses, anchors, lanterns, flag ships and lighthouses. You can incorporate these things with your items such as your throw pillow cases, your carpet, your shower curtain, your picture frames, and your center piece and so on.
One of the most enduring things that you can also put up in your house to make it feel like you are in the beach would be lighthouse wall décor. This will make any wall pop and of course you can just sit in your sofa, look at it and feel the serenity it can bring. Lighthouses will bring so much joy to your place instead of you staring at a blank wall.
When you are putting up lighthouse wall décor or any wall décor for that matter, you have to consider a lot of factors and these are:
1) If you are going to put a couple of paintings or décor in one wall, you have to make sure that there is symmetry when you arrange the frames. Balance is the key element here. You need to make sure that the decors are distributed equally. This will ensure that your wall and decors are secured and they will not fall off or tip over to the side. This will also make it look easy on the eyes. If you put a lot of things at the top and little things only at the bottom or vice-versa, it might be heavy to look at.
2) If you are going to put just one large piece of lighthouse wall décor, you have to compliment it by putting it in the surroundings of large things as well like a big cabinet, bookshelf or sofa. Dark colored decors and super bright dominating colors may appear larger than they look as well.
3) Odd numbers are better when you are displaying a couple of items. This means that it is better to put 3 or 5 frames in one particular wall than only 2 frames or 4 or 6.
4) It is okay to put a couple of difference frames in one straight line because it keeps things modern. However, it is better to have different leveling in terms of wall displays to create thickness in between the frames and photos. The rhythm in between or the spaces that you put in each frame could either make or break your décor.
5) Create a focal point-photo or frame. For sure there is one photo that stands out above the rest so put this one at the middle and then work from there. It would be nice to put up different photos for lighthouse wall decor with different colors to brighten up your dull room or wall.
To make your home as inviting and as comfortable as a 5-star hotel room, all you need are some wall decor, stylish home accents, a unique concept and a good harmony of colors and hues. Also, modern wall art and modern wall decor are elegant and stylish additions that can bring out individualism and can give your home a distinct feature.
The walls of your home represent the largest interior space. It is also the part which can bring an entirely different atmosphere inside the house if properly designed. To the eyes of an interior designer, the walls are like over-sized blank canvases with unlimited decorating potential. To make your home as inviting and as comfortable as a 5-star hotel room, all you need are some wall decor, stylish home accents, a unique concept and a good harmony of colors and hues. Also, modern wall art and modern wall decor are elegant and stylish additions that can bring out individualism and can give your home a distinct feature.
Before decorating your walls, you should first decide if you will be working with a small and cozy room or a room with lots of space. The size of the area will let you know what wall elements will work for you. For small rooms, avoid using wallpaper with a large bold design. This will only make the room look more narrow and plain. Also, stay away from light-colored paint when decorating a very large living room. It will only make the living room look too impersonal and bland. Look around the space you will be working on and plan your decorating process. Designing a large or small wall space are both challenging so you need to be careful which type of modern wall art and modern wall decor you will use.
Choosing a decorating style for your wall is also an important part of the process. Having a particular style can narrow your choice of what types of wall decor and home accents you should use to complement the overall design. More importantly, choose a concept that reflects your taste and not so much by the style itself. So maybe if you are living in a beach cottage, your wall decoration will usually show the colors of the ocean or if you are living in a modern New York apartment, its appropriate to make your walls feature a sleek and streamlined design.
Lastly, when selecting wall decor and home accents be sure to choose a color scheme that will compliment existing furnishings and interior elements. The mood and ambiance that you want to create should also be considered in making the right color choices.
Are you frustrated and lacking ideas for landscaping your small yard? Have no fear, a small yard does not mean you can not have a nicely landscaped masterpiece. The main thing to keep in mind is not to overwhelm it. Your yard can still have a water feature, rock garden, etc., you just need to be aware of the size and scale so it does not overwhelm your space.
If you are not looking for a major landscaping project, there are some simple ways you can work with your small yard and make it appear larger than it really is. First there are a couple of things to keep in mind to NOT do.
Do not create a solid border along a fence or line the perimeter of your yard with plants – doing so will only create an atmosphere of being confined.
Do not use a lot of large pieces – this will only overwhelm your space and make it look and feel even smaller than it is.
So what can you do? Use sweeping, curved lines for your flower and plant beds to help soften the transition to the edge of your yard. Incorporate a focal point or two that draws the attention in and away from the perimeter. If your desire is to extend your living space out onto your deck or patio, you can do so with a small fire pit, portable fire place, or even a built-in grill. Also, you could incorporate one piece of large, comfortable outdoor furniture that can be complimented with smaller pieces.
For those of you who like to entertain groups of family or friends, but are not sure of how it can work in your petite space, there are some ways to do it. One great way to save on space while creating an illusion that your yard is larger than it actually is, is to use raised beds and planters. If you plan for your planters and raised beds to be about 16 inches high, they can double as additional seating options during social gatherings.
Lastly, but not least, do not overlook the use of color! Choosing the right colors can make your yard feel larger, more relaxing, and tie different areas together. Red, yellow, and orange are warm colors which can excite or invigorate the viewer. Blue, purple, and green are cool colors which calm and relax. The warm colors jump out and demand attention. One way you can use color to make your yard look larger is to plant warm colored plants in front, with the cooler colored plants toward the back. The viewers eye will be immediately drawn to the warm colors, and the cool colors will help create an illusion of space.
Working with a smaller yard is not impossible in home repair. Keeping yourself aware of the size and scale of what you are planting or decorating with is the most important aspect. Rock gardens can designed in a small nook or corner. Small water features are readily available which can either be hung or stand alone. Do not loose faith in landscaping your little yard! It is 100 percent doable!
No landscape design would be complete without the presence of trees and shrubs. These plants can make your yard more visually appealing, but they can also destroy the design if the wrong types are used–that’s why it’s very important to be careful with your choices. Read and follow the tips given below to help you select the best plants for your yard landscaping.
Pick Plants that Grow Well in Your Location
Trees and shrubs come in different varieties and have specific habitat requirements. So if you want your plants to grow properly, be sure to buy the ones that are compatible with the climate in your area. This way, your plants will match your landscape design and last much longer than non-suitable types.
Choose Plants that Don’t Easily Dry
Make sure that the plants you purchase for your yard dry out very slowly especially if you live in a warmer place. You don’t want them to wither easily because then you’ll have to look for replacements and redo the seeding again, which requires more money and effort on your part.
Buy Healthy Plants
Sometimes shrubs and trees have pests and weeds on their pots, so see to it that you inspect them before buying. Look for weak spots and other unusual signs that tell you what the condition of the seedlings are. The plants you purchase must always be in good health so they can grow healthy and look great on your yard.
Select Plants that Match Your Purpose
Consider your goals as well when you go shopping for seedlings. What is it that you want to achieve with your landscaping design? Do you want the flowers and shrubs to be the main attraction of the yard? Are you going to use them to provide some shade? Or do you simply want them to add some color and surround the area? Knowing your purpose will help you decide what kinds of plants are right for you.
Almost all homeowners know that improving their property can help increase the value of their investment. Improving properties can also provide them with a better place to live in. Finally, it can make their lifestyle better. With this said, one of the best options to do when improving properties is landscaping.
There are lots of tasks to accomplish when landscaping. You can create a flower bed. You can plant trees. You can even add hardscapes such as chairs, walls and even fences. With all these in mind, it is essential that you carefully determine what landscaping design will accommodate your needs and complement your house. After creating a landscape, the next thing you need to do is to maintain it. In order for you to properly and easily maintain landscapes, here are some DIY tips from landscaping experts.
Flower bed maintenance
• One of the most essential tasks when maintaining flower beds is to water it regularly. This will help flowers to bloom healthily.
• Deadheading is also an essential task. Deadheading is a task where you need to trim off spent flowers. This will help flowers increase their bloom time and keep them tidy.
• Mulching protects the plants by keeping the soil cool and moist. Mulching also helps the soil conserve water, prevent weed and resist insects.
• When mulch breaks down, it provides nutrients to the soil and can help in the growth of the plants.
• When spreading mulch, avoid mounding it around the base of the plant since it may cause certain diseases.
• When choosing plants to grow, it is essential to determine the weather condition in your area. The soil must also be inspected to ensure that you can grow plants on it.
• After planting, you need to water the plants frequently. However, make sure that the plant will not drown.
• Fertilizing is also important since growing plants need a lot of food to grow.
• Sprinklers – Check the valves, hoses and faucet for any leaks. This may result in a huge hole in your pocket due to water bills.
• Lighting – It is important that you check electrical wirings in your backyard. This is important since it may cause accidents. You also need to replace broken bulbs to ensure that you have sufficient illumination in your backyard at night.